Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bento making 101

Making bentos can be as simple or complicated as you want. I like a middle of the road approach. No crazy layouts and a little more than a simple sandwich thrown into a box.
To make simple bentos like I one I showed you in my previous post you need

  1. a box - more on those later 
  2. some cookie cutters
  3. a pairing knife 
  4. cupcake liners - I like silicone vs papers
  5. cool candy eyes - these are less than $2 at big box stores 


See? No need to spend a ton of money to make cute lunches. I told you, you have all this stuff don't you? Well, minus the candy eyes.

While you gather your stuff and imagine what you can create take a gander at Bento USA and drool over all the amazing things they have for amazing deals and  I will work on showing you some amazing boxes that I am dreaming about.

Deal? K.

No comments:

Post a Comment